Okay, this is a must. The prep time was 10 minutes or less, I cooked it while I watched my kids eat dinner and bribed them to eat 3 more bites, then put Dora the Explorer Halloween edition on so that my husband and I could eat in peace…no big deal, just mom of the year over here. Also, don’t miss the hacks that I did..meaning, I didn’t feel like chopping anything, so just bought a better pesto. Make this. Like seriously.
garlic shrimp goodnessPrint This
- zucchini noodles
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. raw medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto sauce
- 4 fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley sprigs, finely chopped (honestly, i skipped this step because it seemed hard)
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped (or just buy prepared pesto that already has basil in it...efficient.)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
Boil water in steamer (or large saucepan) over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm
Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended. (Real talk- I skipped this and bought pesto that had this in it)
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Divide zucchini between four serving plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
VEGGIES MOST! 1 Green ½ Red ½ Blue ½ tsp