I posted this on social media in real time, and it was seriously the best thing ever. Then sick kids and Thanksgiving travel, and I’m so sorry to just now be getting it on here now. But seriously, it’s worth the wait. My only issue is that cooking a spaghetti squash is annoying. I’m ready for Whole Foods to make it already noodled like they do with all the other veggie noodles. So, Miles took care of the annoying part with the taking out the seeds and forking out the spaghetti squash, but I swear other than that, it was so easy.
I mean, look at this deliciousness. This is definitely going into the regular rotation!
Spaghetti Squash LasagnaPrint This
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb of Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash (about 4 cups of squash)
- 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 T parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray, saute onion until soft. Add turkey sausage and brown until cooked through. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Discard seeds from the squash and use a fork to remove the noodles.
- Stir an egg, parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of pepper into the ricotta.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a casserole dish with a olive oil cooking spray and start layering.
- First, spoon about half of your sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Next, add the cooked sausage. Layer spaghetti squash over the sausage then add the rest of the sauce and some fresh chopped basil.
- Finally, top sauce with the ricotta cheese mixture and then add the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty and bubbly – about 15-20 mins. To brown the cheese, broil on low for 5-10 minutes at the end, but watch that shit like a hawk!